Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings: 6 people
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves optional
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts about 4
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cup cold water
- 8 oz egg noodles
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Juice of 1/4 lemon optional
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Heat oil, then add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add bay leaves if using, then add chicken breasts and season generously with salt and pepper. Add broth and water and close lid. Set Instant Pot to Soup setting and set timer for 7 minutes.
- When cooking is complete and air has been naturally released from Instant Pot, carefully remove lid and use tongs to remove chicken breasts onto a plate or cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken, then return chicken to pot. Remove bay leaves and add egg noodles. Return Instant Pot to Sauté setting and cook, uncovered, until noodles are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn off Instant Pot and stir in pepper flakes and lemon juice if using. Ladle into bowls and top with parsley and more black pepper before serving.