Crispy Roasted Potatoes Wedges
The crispiest ever oven roasted potatoes wedges! You ready to fall in love?
- 400 gr Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- some sprigs Rosemary
- 2 leaves Sage
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- To boil the potatoes:
TO BOIL THE POTATOES
- 2 liters Water
- 4 gr Baking soda
- 25 gr Salt
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes, then peel them if you don't want to eat the skin (I love it!). Cut them into large chunks.
- Bring up a large pot of water (2 liters) to a boil and add salt and baking soda. When it boils, throw the potatoes in.
- Pierce them to check if they're ready: they are when the knife meets some resistance. Drain and let them chill into the pot for a minute so the excess steam goes away.
- In the meantime heat some extra virgin olive oil with minced sage and rosemary and let it" infuse" for 1/2 minutes (pay attention not to burn them). Add garlic powder (or fresh one). Turn off the heat.
- Preheat oven to 220° C (430° F).
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, add the infused oil, salt and pepper then toss until a sort of mashed potato–like paste has built up on the outside.
- Spread out potatoes in a single layer on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes lightly shake the tray and turn potatoes, then bake for 25/30 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.